Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The New Face of the Digital Drifter

Hey all,

So much has changed since our last meeting! I am now a member of the freelance community! That means that I got laid off and am exploring my many options of what I can do with my life for the last semester that I am considered an Undergrad. I love it! I get to work from home, usually my couch, which has been a dream of mine since I was but a youth. But seriously, I am actually enjoying it and it is panning out which is always a plus. I have two steady clients in my first month and a half of doing this gig and I have two more on the horizon.

Now you may be asking, what exactly do you do? I am a freelance social media and public relations consultant; though I have primarily been working in the social media realm. I create and manage social media accounts for businesses. This means that I am the one putting together Facebook and Twitter accounts, as well as blogs for a company. I actually think I found the job that I was born to do. It gives me plenty of time to manage my life around my work; I get plenty of time for the gym and for my friends and I get to work at my convenience. I love it. Seriously though, have I said it enough yet?

As always, much to come. I have many new ideas that I can actually work on now that I am not taking 19 credits and working in an office. So, let's see if I can make some use of this newly found free time. Thanks for tuning in - I hope you will check back.

Eternally yours Internet,

The Digital Drifter

1 comment:

  1. Hey, since you're freelancing now, how about a Dec road trip to Portland? Stumptown, P-town, PDX, land of microbrew and roasted beans. I'm a student too at PSU in Digital Marketing Strategies. Big conference coming up, opportunity to rub shoulders with industry gurus (and for them to rub you!). Three tracks, one is Ignite style, you could consider doing a presentation in that track! Here are the links:

    www.pdxdmc.com
    www.ignitedmc.com

    and as a student in the program I can give you a discount code to register: InfDMC10

    CC Chapman is one of the keynotes, I'm excited to see him and pick up his new book.

    Please pass this along to any peers you think could benefit from coming to the conference. Portland is a fun town to visit too!

    Thanks,
    Julianna
    jverboort1@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete